- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: Makes about 2 ½ dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Scant ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots.
- In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake in the top ⅓ of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.
NotesI only claim to love them because they're not too sweet. For the comment, you may want to check 101cookbooks.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
50 Shades of Taste
Secret of the Wings CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More