- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: Makes about 2 ½ dozen
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI only claim to love them because they're not too sweet. For the comment, you may want to check 101cookbooks.com
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Scant ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots.
- In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake in the top ⅓ of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.