CARROT OATMEAL COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: Makes about 2 ½ dozen
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Scant ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots.
In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Bake in the top ⅓ of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.
Website Credit: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/carrot-oatmeal-cookies-recipe.html