- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 Cups Oil
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1.5 Cups Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp each Baking soda and Baking powder
- 4 Eggs (I used Medium sized ones)
- 1 Cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 Cups grated carrots
- 1 Cup grated coconut
- That already sounds like artery clogging waiting to happen.
- Note - if you are using Self-raising flour you can omit both the baking soda and powder.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F
- Grease either a Bundt pan or a rectangular pan.
- Put oil into a large mixing bowl
- In a smaller bowl sift together the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and powder (if used).
- Add the dry ingredients to the oil alternately with the eggs. That is, add some of the dry ingredients then add one egg. Then add dry ingr. again and then another egg.
- When all eggs/dry igr. have been incorporated add the nuts, carrots and coconut.
- Pour into the pan of your choice and bake 1 hour.
Noteswow. that was an awesomely long title eh? lol
I have to add that there is no photo as I post this because before I had the chance to, the whole bloody thing was gone.
This is a really heavy, unhealthy-for-your-hips but moist and delicious cake. Promise.
Stuff to consider
- My oven is psychotic so I would check the cake’s doneness with a wooden skewer at about 45 mins.
- The cardamom has an outer “shell” thing so be sure to remove that and just add the little seed things. I put ‘em in a mortar and pound them before adding to the icing.
- It’s probably going to be difficult but you should wait to eat this. At least overnight. It always tastes better the day after baking.
I’ll be making this again so I will add a photo later :)