- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe perfect vegetable to serve when you are looking for something very showy.
- 3 cups cooked carrots (3 pounds), mashed
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 10 ounce packages peas, steamed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the carrots, cracker crumbs, milk, cheese, butter, onion, salt, pepper sauce and worcestershire sauce in a bowl and mix well. Fole in the eggs. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart ring mold. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm. Unmold onto platter. Fill center with steamed peas.