- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEnjoy the vibrant, sweet flavor of this inventive take on the common version of carrot and raisin salad. Almond butter combines with lime juice, tamari and agave nectar to coat the carrots, red bell pepper, cilantro and raisins. A delightfully different side for any summer outing.
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 TB fresh lime juice
- 11/2 TB tamari
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Using a box grater, shred carrots and place in a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cilantro and raisins. In a small bowl whisk together almond butter, lime juice, tamari, agave and pepper flakes. Add dressing to carrot mixture and mix thoroughly. Allow to marinate for 1/2 hour and serve cold or at room temperature.
- Nutrition Info: Per serving (106g-wt.): 190 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 4g protein, 25g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 14g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium