- Cooking Time: overnight
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 cup carrot pulp
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, rinsed
- 2/3 cup golden flax seeds, soaked 1 hour to make thickened liquid
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs honey (or to taste)
- 1 Tbs cashew butter (as needed, to help all mix)
- Optional: can add sea salt, but since I was decorating with salty flavored kelp, I skipped the salt
- 1. Mix all by hand, or process in food processor.
- 2. Spread on Teflex sheet or parchment paper.
- 3. Score into desired sizes, decorate if desired
- 4. Dehydrate at 105-110 until crispy. May want to do over night, then flip and see how soft the underside is.
NotesI love juicing carrots, and always have this extra pulp. So I made these simple dehydrated crackers to use up some of it. And I had fun purchasing little food-grade stencils so I could decorate things like crackers and more!
I used the raw kelp flakes to decorate some of the crackers, while adding a hint of sea salt flavor, and used paprika as a beautiful burnt red color for others.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
culinary karmaSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More