- Cooking Time: overnight
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60
BackstoryI love juicing carrots, and always have this extra pulp. So I made these simple dehydrated crackers to use up some of it. And I had fun purchasing little food-grade stencils so I could decorate things like crackers and more!
I used the raw kelp flakes to decorate some of the crackers, while adding a hint of sea salt flavor, and used paprika as a beautiful burnt red color for others.
- 1 cup carrot pulp
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, rinsed
- 2/3 cup golden flax seeds, soaked 1 hour to make thickened liquid
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs honey (or to taste)
- 1 Tbs cashew butter (as needed, to help all mix)
- Optional: can add sea salt, but since I was decorating with salty flavored kelp, I skipped the salt
- 1. Mix all by hand, or process in food processor.
- 2. Spread on Teflex sheet or parchment paper.
- 3. Score into desired sizes, decorate if desired
- 4. Dehydrate at 105-110 until crispy. May want to do over night, then flip and see how soft the underside is.