- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 40 g rectangles thin fried tofu
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 600 g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 26 g sesame seeds (toasted and ground)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- bring a pan of water to a boil. Add the tofu and simmer over a medium heat for 1 minute then drain (this will help remove some of the oil).
- Cut the tofu into thin slices on the diagonal.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, sake, soy sauce and salt in bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Heat the oil over a high heat. Fry and tofu until the carrot is crisp but tender. (about 3 min) Reduce the heat to medium and add the soy mixture and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through the sesame seeds and drizzle with the oil.