CARROT ZUCCHINI SOUP WITH FRESH GINGER
- 300g carrots (5 to 7 pieces depending on size)
- 200g zucchini (one fine piece)
- 2 tbsp olive oil/or peanut oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 walnut size bite of fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder (use your favourite)
- zest of one organic orange
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- some black pepper to taste
- ca 2 to 3 USA cups vegetable stock
- 1 tin (400g) Boroli Beans
- For decoration:
- 1/4 of a zucchini cut in threads
- some Mascarpone on top / you can also use plain yogurt or sour cream 10% fat.
cut the veggies small and fry the onion golden in the pot, add the remaining vegetables and fry til golden, then add spices. Stir and add veg.stock and drained beans.
Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
or til the carrots are soft cooked. Blend or puré the soup.
Decorate each plate with some zucchini stics and one tbsp yogurt/mascarpone/sour cream.
Enjoy with e.g. my walnut and sunflower seed bread with cheese.