- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThere are carrot cake recipes by the millions out there and this is just my own take... I'm not big on walnuts in my carrot cake so i developed this take on an old classic... I thought it best to try it out first so I did when i worked at St. George's School in Windsor and the kids there loved it...
- 125g Plain Flour
- 300g Ground Almonds
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- pinch of salt
- 300g Soft Brown Sugar
- 300g Carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 Eggs, separated
- Line, grease and flour your tin.
- Flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the almonds and sugar together then add to the flour mix.
- Add carrot and yolks to the mix and fold in well.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Stir in 1/3 of the mix and then gently fold in the rest.
- Cooking Temp 180C; Cooking Time 35 mins.
- To Serve: I tend to be fairly simple when decorating my cakes... i just dredge this with icing sugar...However of course your favorite frosting would be completely acceptable.