- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 125g Plain Flour
- 300g Ground Almonds
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- pinch of salt
- 300g Soft Brown Sugar
- 300g Carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 Eggs, separated
- Line, grease and flour your tin.
- Flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the almonds and sugar together then add to the flour mix.
- Add carrot and yolks to the mix and fold in well.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Stir in 1/3 of the mix and then gently fold in the rest.
- Cooking Temp 180C; Cooking Time 35 mins.
- To Serve: I tend to be fairly simple when decorating my cakes... i just dredge this with icing sugar...However of course your favorite frosting would be completely acceptable.
NotesThere are carrot cake recipes by the millions out there and this is just my own take... I'm not big on walnuts in my carrot cake so i developed this take on an old classic... I thought it best to try it out first so I did when i worked at St. George's School in Windsor and the kids there loved it...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More