- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 zucchini, to make 3 cups shredded
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small shallot
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 Tbls. butter
- Using a food processor with a shredder blade (or a box grater),There will be lots! Keep squeezing by handful even if you think you are finished! Add to the bowl with the carrot and shallot. Add flour, cornmeal, seasonings and egg and toss to combine.
- shred zucchini and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, toss to combine and set aside for a few minutes. Shred carrot and shallot and place in a separate bowl. Using your hands, squeeze all excess liquid from the shredded zucchini.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbls of butter over medium high heat.
- Using a large batter scoop (about a 1/4 cup) scoop up the veggie mixture and press gently into the scoop to mold.
- Flip the scoop out into the hot pan and press lightly with your fingers to flatten. Don't crowd the pan, start with 4 or 5 fritters.
- Cook on one side until crisp and well browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Flip and continue cooking until the other side is crisp and browned.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Melt the remaining butter before adding more fritters to the pan.
- Serve hot with a dollop of plain yogurt and some hot sauce.