- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 medium carrots,grated
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup(1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peans
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light
- brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Dust with flour and shake out excess.
- Mix together flour,cinnamon,baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and milk into butter mixture. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake cake until top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- To prepare ICING, beat together butter and cream cheese, until completely smooth. Beat in vanilla. beat in powdered sugar on low until well blended. To prepare TOPPING, mix together pecans and brown sugar.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Spread icing over sides and top. Sprinkle top with the pecans mixture.
- NOTE:If you want to omit the icing and the pecan topping, this cake is still very good without it.
NotesThere are times when my husband and I want just a "LITTLE" saomething sweet and this cake is usualy what I make. It's small and not overly sweet; and goes great with a hot cup of coffee. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More