- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 125g Butter
- 190g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 250g Carrots
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Vanill-sugar
- 1 Tsp Zinnamon
- 400g Floor
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 70g Almond-powder
- 125ml Milk
- 220g Aprikose-marmelade
- 2 Eggwhite
- 400g Powdered sugar
- 2-3 drops of green Foodcolour
- Sugarflowers for decoration
- Preheat the Oven to 180C (160C with air-circulation).
- Mix together untill creamy the Butter and Sugar.
- Add the Egg / Eggyolk, the coarsely grated Carrots, the Juice and the paring of the Lemon and the vanille-sugar to the batch.
- In another Bowl mix Floor, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Salt together.
- Mix these dry indegriends by turns with the milk to the batch. At last add the grounded Almonds.
- At last add the stiff whisked eggwhite.
- Bake in a 18cm spring form for around 50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down.
- Warm up the Apricot jam and coat the cake with it.
- In another bowl mix together the powdered sugar with the white from egg and the food colour, for a better taste of the icing add vanille or lemonjuice.
- After you have the right colour spread the icing on the cake and place the sugar flowers immediately.
Notesa juicy surprice cake.. made it for my 33. Birthday last Sunday :o)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More