- Cooking Time: 5 - 6 hours low crockpot
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- 48oz chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small chicken breasts (about 12oz)
- 3/4 cup regular barley (not quick-cooking)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 large regular potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Add chicken broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaves into the crock pot then stir to combine.
- Layer in chicken, barley, onions, kale, potatoes, and carrots.
- Do not stir.
- Press veggies down to cover with chicken broth then cook on low for 5-6 hours or until barley is tender.
- Remove bay leaves then discard. Remove chicken breasts, shred, then return to the soup and stir to combine.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Naked Macaron
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More