- Cooking Time: 5 - 6 hours low crockpot
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- 48oz chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small chicken breasts (about 12oz)
- 3/4 cup regular barley (not quick-cooking)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 large regular potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Add chicken broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaves into the crock pot then stir to combine.
- Layer in chicken, barley, onions, kale, potatoes, and carrots.
- Do not stir.
- Press veggies down to cover with chicken broth then cook on low for 5-6 hours or until barley is tender.
- Remove bay leaves then discard. Remove chicken breasts, shred, then return to the soup and stir to combine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More