- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Cans WATER PACKED Tuna (I used white albacore, but that's not necessary)
- 1 T. Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 lb. cooked livers (chicken livers, or calves livers)
- 1 C Water
- 1 C Chicken Broth
- 1 C Rice (I used brown rice for fiber)
- 1,250 mgs. Ground Taurine, or Taurine powder
- Cook the rice in the water and broth (can be done in the microwave) according to package directions.
- Cool and mix with oil, tuna, livers and taurine.
- For cats with hairballs, fresh chives may be added for roughage, to aid hair's passage through cat's system. If you add chives, feed cat less food, as the fiber will take up more space in the cat's stomach.
- Feed cat only as much as (s)he will eat at one time (about 1/2 C.).
- Food freezes well.
NotesThis cat food is what I made for my own kitty, during the cat food recall/scare. I consulted my Vet, who stated that the recipe is completely nutritious, as it includes Taurine, which is the only nutrient a cat cannot produce for itself. The oil is essential. Cat's need some fat in their diet
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Special SmoothiesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More