- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: Overnight
- 6 oz dried cannellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 whole, 1 minced, divided
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- cold water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 shredded head radicchio
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- chopped parsley
- cracked black pepper
- Soak beans overnight; drain, rinse and drain again. Combine with whole garlic clove, thyme, salt and cold water to cover by 2 inches; bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, 25 - 45 minutes. Add bouillon cube; cook 5 minutes. Drain beans, reserving liquid; discard garlic and thyme.
- Meanwhile, saute radicchio, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until tender, 7 - 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Add minced garlic clove; saute 2 minutes. Add beans and 2 cups cooking liquid; simmer until somewhat creamy, 5 - 10 minutes. Add radicchio and chopped parsley; simmer 10 minutes, adding more cooking liquid if the mixture is too thick. Serve sprinkled with cracked black pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More