- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love recipes that use Catalina Salad Dressing! I have a love/hate relationship with London Broil! You have to cook it just right to be perfect and not to tuff! It shouldn't be cooked long but we really don't care for bloody meat but we do like it pink! So that's the trick! I think this time we were pretty right on with the time we cooked it and the inside color! Another trick to a perfect London Broil is how you slice it! Against the grain, at an angle and the thinner the better.
The Catalina really gave great flavor especially the top which got crusty! Nice and moist! Very good meal!
- London Broil, choose a thicker cut, minimum 2 inch even 4 inch is OK (it will take 45 minutes)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina Dressing
- Cracked Pepper to taste
- Using a fork, pierce the London Broil on both sides, just pricking the surface to allow more marinade to penetrate the meat.
- Use a suitable size baking dish to hold the London Broil and the Catalina Dressing.
- Crack Pepper over the the meat and again when your turn the meat in the marinade.
- Marinade for 12 hours turning once.
- Grill medium to medium High Heat (450 degrees-550 degrees not too hot for especially thicker cuts) Plan on 10 minutes per side.
- Lift and TWIST (not turn) after 5 minutes (it may stick a bit at first as the sugar burns and caramelizes)
- Turn after 10 minutes. Check for done-ness after 15 minutes. Use a thermometer and if it passes 120 degrees, it's time to take it off, as it will continue to cook and likely reach 130 degrees which is Medium Rare RED (not rare purple)
- For extra large cuts. grill on sides for 10 minutes. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.
- Cut meat against the grain, on a angle, and slice thinly.