- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup kahlua
- 1/4 cup 4% milk
- 16 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 9 oz packaged ladyfingers (3 standard packages)
- 1 cup espresso
- Line the bottom of a 10" springform pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg yolk, custard powder, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, kahlua and milk in a double boiler over simmering water until thick. Put it in the fridge to cool.
- Cream together mascarpone and remaining sugar with electric beaters until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, and beat until it looks almost overbeaten (small curdles).
- Add cold custard to cheese mixture, and fold in.
- Place in fridge while the ladyfingers are prepared.
- Trim the base of enough ladyfingers to allow them to stand upright around the edge of the 10" pan. Do not soak these in espresso.
- Soak whole ladyfingers in the espresso for a few seconds, until they are about half wet and half dry. Fill the base of the pan.
- Add less than 1/2 of the cheese mixture. It should seal against every single upright ladyfinger and cover the bottom evenly.
- Soak remaining ladyfingers in coffee until about half-wet and make an even layer on top of the cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining cheese mixture on top. Chill minimum 48 hours.
NotesThe tiramisu recipe I concocted for a special, out of the blue bakery order. This does include a raw egg, so be warned.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
NFPG Recipe Collection
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More