CATHY'S BANANA BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: a lot
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt. Use what you prefer...even low fat as Cathy used)
- 1/2 sour cream (Cathy used light sour cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 3/4 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350' F. Grease a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan or line with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, yogurt, sour cream and vanilla. Combine well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- Gradually beat the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until all mixed together. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Spread into your prepared pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick, inserted in the middle-ish area comes out clean and your cake is a pretty yellowish golden color
- While your cake is cooling (ya I know...they're suppose to bars but honestly...its super moist like a cake), make your cream cheese frosting by beating the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar together until you have the right consistency that makes you happy.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread on the frosting.
NotesIf you like Banana Bread...you're going to absolutely LOVE Banana Bars. Light, fluffy...and yes, very moist! Very much like the consistency of cake.
I saw this recipe posted on a very dear friends blog. Her name is Cathy and she is the awesome publisher of The Dutch Baker's Daughter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More