- Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 plus Tablespoons minced jalepeno peppers
- 1/2 cup kernel corn
- 1/2 cup grated monteray jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated chedder cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously grease pan.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together
- Add egg mixture to creamed butter
- Add Jalepenos. corn and cheese
- Combine flour with corn meal,baking powder and salt
- Add dry ingrediants to wet and blend well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake at 375 for 18 minutes.
NotesA friend Cathy made this corn bread at a pot luck and it was ohh so good!! I still have dreams of that cornbread!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More