- Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 plus Tablespoons minced jalepeno peppers
- 1/2 cup kernel corn
- 1/2 cup grated monteray jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated chedder cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously grease pan.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together
- Add egg mixture to creamed butter
- Add Jalepenos. corn and cheese
- Combine flour with corn meal,baking powder and salt
- Add dry ingrediants to wet and blend well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake at 375 for 18 minutes.
NotesA friend Cathy made this corn bread at a pot luck and it was ohh so good!! I still have dreams of that cornbread!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More