- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can Green Giant® spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 (11-ounce) can Green Giant® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1 (11-ounce) Pillsbury® refrigerated breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 to 4 small pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili beans and corn. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks. Cut 4 of the breadsticks in half lengthwise; on ungreased cookie sheets, shape into 8 coils.
- Cut each remaining breadstick lengthwise into 3 strips, making 24 long strips. Cut each in half crosswise, making 48 short strips. Place 3 short strips on each side of each coil, placing ends under coil; pinch to attach. Bend strips in center to look like spider legs, or place crumbled small piece of foil (about 3x1/2 inch) under 3 "legs" to make them stand up in center. Brush breads with beaten egg white. Place 2 olive slices on each to look like eyes.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until "spider body" is light golden brown and "legs" are golden brown. Top individual servings of chili with cheese; serve with warm spider breads.
- Makes 8 servings (1 cup chili and 1 spider bread each).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More