Cauliflower Pizza Crust
"Pizza Crust using cauliflower instead of flour"Serves 1 pizza | Prep Time 20 mins | Cook Time 20
Why I Love This Recipe
An alternative to almond/coconut flour pizza crusts
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower - should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
• ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
• 1 egg
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon basil or rosemary, minced (or dry)
• ½ teaspoon oregano, minced (or dry)
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Remove the stems from the cauliflower and cut into chunks, Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater or chop it very finely.
3. Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high. Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes (trust me don't rush this step!). After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a kitchen towel and squeeze all the liquid out of it. Be sure to squeeze as much liquid as humanly possible.
4. Combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough texture forms. Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan in the shape of a pizza crust.
5. Bake the crust for approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the crust is golden and crispy. I cooked mine for approximately 15 minutes. After the crust is golden remove it from the oven and add your toppings, I used marinara sauce and cheese for a simple margarita pizza.
6. Place the pizza back in the oven but this time turn on the broiler, bake for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese melts. be sure to keep an eye on it because the broiler can burn the cheese quickly.
7. Slice and serve warm , enjoy!
Pairs Well With
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Pizza Crust