- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 cups Chicken stock (or Vegetable)
- 3 TB Butter
- 1/3 cup AP Flour
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping cream
- Dumplings –
- 1 1/2 Cups white bread crumbs
- 1/2 TB butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp milk
- salt and pepper
- Cook the cauliflower in the stock for about 12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove and reserve all of the stock.
- Save back a few florets for garnish if you like.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter add flour and mace, cook roux for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cups of the reserved stock, continue whisking and remove from heat.
- In a food processor or with a stick blender, puree the cauliflower.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the cauliflower, mixing well, then add the roux sauce and mix again.
- Measure the puree.
- Add enough of the left over stock to bring the total measured amount up to 7 cups.
- Add this mixture back to the stock pot and heat gently over low heat.
- Make dumplings –
- Mix all of the above ingredients together and form small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Once soup is reheated, poach the dumplings in the soup for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Once dumplings are cooked, add the heavy cream and stir through.
- Serve garnished with a couple of florets of cauliflower and a sprig or two of parsley.
- Add some crusty bread on the side.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cooking for a CureSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More