- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 cups Chicken stock (or Vegetable)
- 3 TB Butter
- 1/3 cup AP Flour
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping cream
- Dumplings –
- 1 1/2 Cups white bread crumbs
- 1/2 TB butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp milk
- salt and pepper
- Cook the cauliflower in the stock for about 12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove and reserve all of the stock.
- Save back a few florets for garnish if you like.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter add flour and mace, cook roux for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add 2/3 cups of the reserved stock, continue whisking and remove from heat.
- In a food processor or with a stick blender, puree the cauliflower.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the cauliflower, mixing well, then add the roux sauce and mix again.
- Measure the puree.
- Add enough of the left over stock to bring the total measured amount up to 7 cups.
- Add this mixture back to the stock pot and heat gently over low heat.
- Make dumplings –
- Mix all of the above ingredients together and form small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Once soup is reheated, poach the dumplings in the soup for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Once dumplings are cooked, add the heavy cream and stir through.
- Serve garnished with a couple of florets of cauliflower and a sprig or two of parsley.
- Add some crusty bread on the side.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More