- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb Cavatappi
- Olive Oil
- 1 sm Onion, roughly chopped
- 3-5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c EA (basically, whatever you have- a handful or so):
- stuffed Spanish Olives
- Black &/or Greek Olives (pitted)
- roasted Red Peppers
- Banana Peppers
- Sweet Wax Peppers
- pickled Cauliflower
- Sun-dried Tomatoes in oil
- 14.5 oz can Fire-roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tblsp Chili paste
- 1 tsp Anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 tsp Pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Caribbean Jerk seasoning (for xtra sweet 'n heat!)
- 1 tsp dried Sweet Basil
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsps Sugar
- Cook pasta in boiling water per pkg directions til al denté.
- Heat oil in lg Dutch oven.
- Sauté onions & garlic 3-5min til tender.
- Add preserved veggies; cook til bubbly, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings; cook til bubbly, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer til pasta is done.
- Drain pasta and add to veggies in pot; toss to blend well.
- Serve hot off the stove with a sweet bread!
NotesI like pickles and antipasto of all kinds, so I tend to have all sorts of things in jars in my fridge. I bought this fun pasta the other day; it's long, braided macaroni. I've been thinking about what to make of it that would be as fun and different as the pasta looks. So, I just started pulling out jars of veggies from the fridge, and this is the result! It's spicy, sweet, tangy and briny, sometimes all in the same bite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More