- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI like pickles and antipasto of all kinds, so I tend to have all sorts of things in jars in my fridge. I bought this fun pasta the other day; it's long, braided macaroni. I've been thinking about what to make of it that would be as fun and different as the pasta looks. So, I just started pulling out jars of veggies from the fridge, and this is the result! It's spicy, sweet, tangy and briny, sometimes all in the same bite!
- 1/2 lb Cavatappi
- Olive Oil
- 1 sm Onion, roughly chopped
- 3-5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c EA (basically, whatever you have- a handful or so):
- stuffed Spanish Olives
- Black &/or Greek Olives (pitted)
- roasted Red Peppers
- Banana Peppers
- Sweet Wax Peppers
- pickled Cauliflower
- Sun-dried Tomatoes in oil
- 14.5 oz can Fire-roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tblsp Chili paste
- 1 tsp Anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 tsp Pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Caribbean Jerk seasoning (for xtra sweet 'n heat!)
- 1 tsp dried Sweet Basil
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsps Sugar
- Cook pasta in boiling water per pkg directions til al denté.
- Heat oil in lg Dutch oven.
- Sauté onions & garlic 3-5min til tender.
- Add preserved veggies; cook til bubbly, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings; cook til bubbly, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer til pasta is done.
- Drain pasta and add to veggies in pot; toss to blend well.
- Serve hot off the stove with a sweet bread!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More