- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C. small shell pasta (cooked & drained)
- 1 C. twist pasta (cooked & drained)
- 1 C. wagon wheel pasta (cooked & drained)
- 1/2 package sliced pepperoni
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 2 cans/jars spaghetti sauce
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (as much as you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown hamburger and drain. Heat sauce, spices and pepperoni until bubbly. Mix in hamburger meat and pasta. Grease a 9x13 dish or a deep casserole dish. Place half of the pasta mixture in dish and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Then make another pasta layer and put in the oven for about 10 mins. Take it out and top with remaining cheese and I like to sprinkle it with fresh parmesan cheese as well. Now finish baking for about 20 minutes.
- TIPS: You can add mushrooms, onions, green peppers, olives or whatever else you'd like. I just don't like those things so I don't make it with them. You can use ANY pasta you'd like. You can even just use the elbow macaroni. TRUE Cavitini is made with 3 different kinds of pasta. I have also used the mini penne pasta.
- You can use whatever seasonings you'd like as well. I love a lot of flavor in mine so I get kinda heavy on the garlic, crushed red pepper and black pepper!
- AND!! I also like to mix mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese; but then I'm a cheese fanatic! :)
- one more thing.... I've also made this with a combination of ground beef and chopped chicken... VERY good. And you could use Italian
- sausage if you like it.
NotesThis is like my "signature" dish. It's so delicious and easy to make! It's always a BIG hit! I've made it for nearly everyone who has ever been to my house! I love it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More