- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Can of Black Beans (Drained)
- 1 Can Evaporated Goat Milk
- 1 Can of Low fat Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 8oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 small can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 can sliced Black Olives
- 1 envelope Chicken Taco Seasoning - or- Chicken Fajita Seasoning - depending on your taste
- 1 - 1.25 lbs ground Chicken or Turkey
- 1 lb or 4 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 - 12 Flour Tortillas (Soft Taco Sized)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, begin browning the meat.
- Sprinkle Fajita seasoning over meat and add Evaporated milk.
- Cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Stir in Black beans
- Mix tomato sauce and cream of mushroom soup in a separate bowl.
- Pour over meat mixture and heat through.
- Add Diced green chilies
- In a 9x9 or 7x12 baking dish
- Layer the bottom with tortillas, tearing as needed.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixure over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over that.
- Lay down another layer of tortillas.
- 1/2 of the remaining meat.
- 1/2 of the remaining cheese.
- Another tortilla layer.
- The remaining meat
- Then sprinkle to Black olives over the meat before the cheese, the olives will rise to the surface as the cheese melts and this will keep them from drying out in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven & let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Get a towel and a large spoon.
- Start your favorite movie or TV show, cover your lap with the towel to protect from residual heat from the baking dish, and begin shoving large spoonfuls of this casserole into your mouth
NotesOK, I will admit that I absolutely loved this when I was a kid and I still love it today. I have had to TRY to 'healthy it up' a little so I am not so wracked with guilt while sitting on the sofa devouring this directly from the pan. My mom never really had a name for this. I hope my spanish is up to snuff, it should translate as 'One Can Taco Casserole' or Literally "Casserole of Taco from a Tin Can" since the whole recipe is nothing more than 'a can of this and a can of that'.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More