- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups (10 oz) penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 bottle (8 oz) fat free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 head (3/4 pound) romaine lettuce, shredded (6 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water. Place in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, chop eggs, red onion and bell pepper. Grate Parmesan cheese with grater. Snip parsley.
- 3. Add eggs, onion, pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley to pasta.
- 4. Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture; mix well.
- 5. Stack 3-4 lettuce leaves on top of each other; cut into thin shreds.
- 6. To serve, line a bowl with lettuce. Spoon pasta salad in center of bowl. Garnish with grape tomatoes. Serve
NotesA different twist to a classic salad!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More