- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups (10 oz) penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 bottle (8 oz) fat free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 head (3/4 pound) romaine lettuce, shredded (6 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water. Place in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, chop eggs, red onion and bell pepper. Grate Parmesan cheese with grater. Snip parsley.
- 3. Add eggs, onion, pepper, Parmesan cheese and parsley to pasta.
- 4. Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture; mix well.
- 5. Stack 3-4 lettuce leaves on top of each other; cut into thin shreds.
- 6. To serve, line a bowl with lettuce. Spoon pasta salad in center of bowl. Garnish with grape tomatoes. Serve
NotesA different twist to a classic salad!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More