- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pd salmon ( or more depending on guests for DH and I 1 pd is suffecient plus a little leftovers)
- Dill ( HAS TO BE FRESH)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cedar Planks- You can get these at one of two places, either your local hardware store, just ask for a small plank of untreated cedar or many grocery stores now sell them ( I get mine at Publix)
- Soak Cedar plank submerged for atleast an hour, I usually let it soak all day while I am at work.
- Heat grill to a med lo heat. ( you don't want to char the wood) Place wood in by itself on rack for 5 to 8 minutes ( then helps get some of the excess moisture out)
- For you salmon: Top with pesto (I like a quazzy thick layer but it is really to your preference),
- a slice of lemon, a sprig of Dill, salt and pepper.
- Take Salmon place on plank, and leave in covered grill for approx 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness)
- Fish should be slightly flaky and a lighter color.
NotesI have eaten this at restaraunts and decided to give it a try..It was so worth it and you do save some money..I love serving this with my roasted potatoes and fresh garlic green beans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Fun appetizers and snacks
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More