- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pd salmon ( or more depending on guests for DH and I 1 pd is suffecient plus a little leftovers)
- Dill ( HAS TO BE FRESH)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cedar Planks- You can get these at one of two places, either your local hardware store, just ask for a small plank of untreated cedar or many grocery stores now sell them ( I get mine at Publix)
- Soak Cedar plank submerged for atleast an hour, I usually let it soak all day while I am at work.
- Heat grill to a med lo heat. ( you don't want to char the wood) Place wood in by itself on rack for 5 to 8 minutes ( then helps get some of the excess moisture out)
- For you salmon: Top with pesto (I like a quazzy thick layer but it is really to your preference),
- a slice of lemon, a sprig of Dill, salt and pepper.
- Take Salmon place on plank, and leave in covered grill for approx 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness)
- Fish should be slightly flaky and a lighter color.
NotesI have eaten this at restaraunts and decided to give it a try..It was so worth it and you do save some money..I love serving this with my roasted potatoes and fresh garlic green beans.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More