- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 apples, unpeeled
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp butter, cubed, divided in half
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Light the grill or smoker and stabilize the temperature to 300° F.
- In a bowl, stir the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg until blended.
- With a fork or pastry cutter, cut 3 tablespoons of the butter into the flour mixture.
- Fold the chopped walnuts into the flour mixture.
- Core the apples.
- Divide the filling between the apples and place on a cedar plank.
- Top with the remaining butter and place on grill.
- Cook until softened and tops are golden brown about 10 minutes more.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Breads and Pastry 101
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More