- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mild molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 small Cedar Grilling Planks, soaked according to manufacturer’s instructions
- 4 6 - 7 ounce salmon fillets
- rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine root beer, ketchup, lemon juice, orange juice, Worcestershire, molasses, zest, ginger and onion powder. Bring to a boil, over a medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and cool. (Sauce keeps refrigerated and covered for about 10 days).
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place soaked planks on grill and close lid. When planks begin to smoke, place one fillet on each plank. Grill, covered, until fish flakes with a fork, about 10 - 15 minutes. Brush fish frequently with root beer glaze.
- Place one plank, with salmon, on each of 4 dinner plates. If desired garnish plates with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices.
- Serve immediately, passing any remaining glaze
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More