- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 (12 inch) untreated cedar planks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (2 pound) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1.Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in warm water. Soak longer if you have time.
- 2.In a shallow dish, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- 3.Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- 4.Place the salmon fillets onto the planks and discard the marinade. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
- Welcome to true religion jeans outlet
Notes"This is a dish my brother prepared for me in Seattle. It is by far the best salmon I've ever eaten. I like to serve with an Asian inspired rice and roasted asparagus."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More