- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis creamy, green soup is ideal any time of the year, but especially when you feel like having something warm and colourfull to brighten your day.
I prepared some semolina dumplings to with this soup, but you can have it plain, with bread crostini or small size pasta like tubettini for example.
- 300 g celery (about 6 stalks)
- 100 g frozen or fresh peas (1 cup)
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium size potato
- 2 cubes of vegetable buillion
- about 1 litre water (or a little more)
- Clean and chop the celery.
- Peel and dice the potato.
- Put them in a pot with cold water and add the fresh or frozen peas as well.
- Peel the onion and brown it for a few minutes in an empty skillet. This will add some nice smell and flavour to your soup.
- Add the onion to the pot with other vegetables and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for about 45 min to 1 hour. Check when vegetables are cooked.
- Put the vegetables with little stock in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the buillion cubes to the rest of the stock and let it boil slightly.
- Add the puréed vegetables, mix gently to blend everything and let simmer for a minute or two.