- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time:
- 300 g celery (about 6 stalks)
- 100 g frozen or fresh peas (1 cup)
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium size potato
- 2 cubes of vegetable buillion
- about 1 litre water (or a little more)
- Clean and chop the celery.
- Peel and dice the potato.
- Put them in a pot with cold water and add the fresh or frozen peas as well.
- Peel the onion and brown it for a few minutes in an empty skillet. This will add some nice smell and flavour to your soup.
- Add the onion to the pot with other vegetables and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for about 45 min to 1 hour. Check when vegetables are cooked.
- Put the vegetables with little stock in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the buillion cubes to the rest of the stock and let it boil slightly.
- Add the puréed vegetables, mix gently to blend everything and let simmer for a minute or two.
NotesThis creamy, green soup is ideal any time of the year, but especially when you feel like having something warm and colourfull to brighten your day.
I prepared some semolina dumplings to with this soup, but you can have it plain, with bread crostini or small size pasta like tubettini for example.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More