- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 300 gr (10.5 oz) celery tuber
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 gr (7 oz) celery leaves chopped
- 300 gr (10.5 oz) gruyere cheese
- 2 sour apples
- 150 gr (5 oz) walnuts cut in little pieces
- 2 tbs sharp mustard
- 4 tbs whipping cream
- 2 tbs mayonaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel celery tuber and cut in little thin strips, cook in boiling water with lemon juice ca 4 min, rinse with cold water, drain and let cool .
- Peel and take seeds out of the apples and cut in little thin strips.
- Cut cheese in little thin strips.
- Roast walnuts dry in a frying pan and let cool.
- Mix mustard, mayonaise and whipping cream, add strips of celery tuber, celery leaves (keep 2 tbs separate),apple strips and cheese strips, mix well and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Top with roasted walnuts and celery leaves.
- Serve with dark brown bread and salted butter.
NotesA wonderful salad original from Germany in Bayern.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More