- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA wonderful salad original from Germany in Bayern.
- 300 gr (10.5 oz) celery tuber
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 gr (7 oz) celery leaves chopped
- 300 gr (10.5 oz) gruyere cheese
- 2 sour apples
- 150 gr (5 oz) walnuts cut in little pieces
- 2 tbs sharp mustard
- 4 tbs whipping cream
- 2 tbs mayonaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel celery tuber and cut in little thin strips, cook in boiling water with lemon juice ca 4 min, rinse with cold water, drain and let cool .
- Peel and take seeds out of the apples and cut in little thin strips.
- Cut cheese in little thin strips.
- Roast walnuts dry in a frying pan and let cool.
- Mix mustard, mayonaise and whipping cream, add strips of celery tuber, celery leaves (keep 2 tbs separate),apple strips and cheese strips, mix well and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Top with roasted walnuts and celery leaves.
- Serve with dark brown bread and salted butter.
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More