- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 ounce dried cellophane noodles
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 scallion
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dry sherry or white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped chinese cabbage or any Chinese greens
- Mix the pork with 1 T. soy sauce and 1 T. sherry.
- Make into little meatballs
- Soak the dried cellophane noodles inwarm water for 20 minutes.
- With a pair of scissors cut noodles into 2 inch lengths.
- Wash and chop the scallions and cabbage
- Heat about 1 quart of water in a saucepan.
- When the water boils, drop the meat balls in gently, one by one.
- Cook for 5 minutes and drain. Keep meatballs in a dish till later.
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepan with the 1 tsp. of salt.
- Add the cabbage or greens and cook till they are tender. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked meat balls and the drained cellophane noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped scallions over soup before serving.
NotesLearned to make this in a Chinese cooking course I took through the Community College.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More