- Cooking Time: 30 (for boiling veggies)
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 beets, medium size
- 2 potatoes, medium size
- 3 carrots
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 onion
- 10 oz pickled or salted herring fillet
- 2 sour granny smith apples
- 1 lb mayonnaise (use more if necessary)
- Boil beets, potatoes, carrots, and eggs until done.
- Cool and peel vegetables and eggs.
- Mince the onion.
- Cut the herring fillets into small pieces.
- Grate potatoes, beets, carrots, apples, and eggs on a fine grater.
- At the bottom of a flat dish put all herring fillet pieces.
- On top of herring, place a layer of the shredded potato (use all potato).
- On top of the potato layer, put the grated onion and then spread with ⅓ of the mayonnaise.
- Put a layer of carrots (all) on top of mayonnaise.
- Put hard boiled-shredded eggs on top of carrots and spread with ⅓ of the mayonnaise again.
- Put a layer of apples.
- 1. Top with beets and smooth.
- 2. Garnish with the last ⅓ of the mayonnaise on top.
- 3. Decorate with grated boiled egg yolk (at your desire).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More