- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 Cups Cornflakes
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup cream
- 1/4 Cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Cup fruit loops
- Turn the oven to 300 degrees. Spread the cornflakes onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes. The cereal will be toasted and fragrant. Remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, milk and cream. Stir slightly and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain out the cornflakes with a fine sieve. Discard the cornflakes (or eat them, but it's weird). In a glass measuring cup combine the liquid with sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, and salt. Heat for 1 minute and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Get out the Zoku mold and put about 10 fruit loops at the bottom of each popsicle mold. Put the popsicle stick in, crushing the fruit loops slightly as you make sure it is firmly in the mold. Pour in some of the cereal milk, add some more fruit loops, and then fill up with more cereal milk. Stuff a couple more fruit loops at the top. The fruit loops will probably get a bit crushed in some spots, but that's ok.
- Repeat and let freeze for about 5-7 minutes. Remove the popsicles and eat immediately.
NotesThe texture gives a little. So if you make these in a conventional mold, you might want to wait a minute or two until the milk isn't rock hard. Also, the fruit loops are actually still crunchy. Make these without the actual fruit loops if you're using a different popsicle mold. I suspect you could make this with different cereals. I think next time I will try it by making the cereal milk with the fruit loops to see how the taste is different.