- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI've made this cookie recipe quite a bit when my daughter was younger for Girl Scouts and other school events. A different, but delightful cookie. This recipe comes from Diane Mott Davidson's book "The Cereal Murders".
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 pkgs. almond brickle chips (12 oz)
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbls. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix the oats with the brickle chips.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a food processor, mix the sugars until blended, then gradually add the butter.
- Continue to process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and process until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and process just until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the oats and brickle chip and stir until well combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon measure, measure out scoops of dough and place at least 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks. Makes 4 to 5 dozen.