- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis chili gets its title because it has a kick that sneaks up on you! It also has a secret... it's good for you! The traditional beef is replaced with lean ground turkey, and I sneak in lots of veggies. If you are a stickler for a traditional bean chili, this one may surprise you; it's really flavorful and worth trying!
- 2 large cans crushed tomato
- 1 can each black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 large carrot, chopped fine
- 1 large red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno, chopped fine
- Approx. 1 Tbls. cayenne pepper
- Approx. 1 1/2 Tbls. chili powder
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 Tbls. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- shredded cheese
- In a large pot, heat a small amount of oil. Brown and drain turkey. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent. Add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add beans, add tomato and combine. Add all seasoning, adjusting to taste. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Cook over low heat for at least an hour, adjusting seasoning if needed.
- Serve with shredded cheese and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- *Note: If you prefer a milder chili, be sure to scrape all seeds and pith from the jalapeno before chopping.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More