- 2 large cans crushed tomato
- 1 can each black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 large carrot, chopped fine
- 1 large red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno, chopped fine
- Approx. 1 Tbls. cayenne pepper
- Approx. 1 1/2 Tbls. chili powder
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 Tbls. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- shredded cheese
In a large pot, heat a small amount of oil. Brown and drain turkey. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent. Add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add beans, add tomato and combine. Add all seasoning, adjusting to taste. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Cook over low heat for at least an hour, adjusting seasoning if needed.
Serve with shredded cheese and garnish with fresh cilantro.
*Note: If you prefer a milder chili, be sure to scrape all seeds and pith from the jalapeno before chopping.