- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 or 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, pepper & paprika
- 1 Tbl. butter
- 1 Tbl. canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins (or sultanas) chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup chablis
- Trim chicken breasts of any fat, then rinse and pat dry.
- If desired, cut each breast in half horizontally.
- Liberally season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and canola oil, then add chicken, browning on both sides (about 4 minutes per side.)
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the wine, jelly and raisins to the empty skillet and heat to boiling, stirring constantly to incorporate any browned bits from the pan and emulsify the sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with any accumulated juices; cover and turn heat to simmer.
- Allow to slowly cook for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- For a complete meal, serve with long-grain white rice and a green salad.
NotesThis is a slight variation of a recipe I discovered on the website "Helpforibs.com". I made it tonight for the first time, and it was very tasty, as well as deceptively good looking for such a quick and simple meal. Sorry I didn't get any pics; it was devoured way before I could grab my camera...maybe next time!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More