- Cooking Time: 10-13 min
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups oats (rolled or "quick", but not instant)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (about 12 oz)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking-sheet with parchment paper.
- 2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until mixture is light in color. Beat the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
- 3) In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Either by hand or with a hand-mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour into the sugar mixture until incorporated.
- 4) Stir in oats and chocolate chips by hand
- 5) Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- 6) Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
- 7) Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesA favorite recipe of my boyfriend, especially when he's deployed and can share with the guys & gals.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More