Chad's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
A favorite recipe of my boyfriend, especially when he's deployed and can share with the guys & gals.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oats (rolled or "quick", but not instant)
2 cups chocolate chips (about 12 oz)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking-sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until mixture is light in color. Beat the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
3) In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Either by hand or with a hand-mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour into the sugar mixture until incorporated.
4) Stir in oats and chocolate chips by hand
5) Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
6) Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
7) Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cookies