- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryThis is my mom's recipe, she would make it every year around Easter and give out loaves of bread to her co-workers. I sent this to Chad the first time he deployed, and he raved. He loves lemon poppyseed anything, so this is a staple in his packages.
- 1 Box of lemon cake mix
- 1/3 C poppyseeds
- 1/2 C cooking oil (Canola)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Box of cream pudding (or Vanilla/Cheesecake flavor)
- 1 C boiling hot water
- 2 9x13' loaf pans-greased
- *Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1) In a large bowl, mix lemon cake mix, poppyseeds, cooking oil, eggs and box of pudding together. Mix well.
- 2) Add cup of boiling hot water. Mix well.
- 3) Pour half of the mixture into 1 loaf pan, and the other half in the 2nd loaf pan.
- 4) Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- 5) Let cool 5-10 minutes
- **This bread also tastes wonderful with a simple glaze on it, just a mixture of sugar, vanilla extract and orange juice.
- ***If sending overseas, wrap in tinfoil & put in a freezer bag. Freeze overnight and send off in the morning. It is best to bake the night before going to the post office.