- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Box of lemon cake mix
- 1/3 C poppyseeds
- 1/2 C cooking oil (Canola)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Box of cream pudding (or Vanilla/Cheesecake flavor)
- 1 C boiling hot water
- 2 9x13' loaf pans-greased
- *Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1) In a large bowl, mix lemon cake mix, poppyseeds, cooking oil, eggs and box of pudding together. Mix well.
- 2) Add cup of boiling hot water. Mix well.
- 3) Pour half of the mixture into 1 loaf pan, and the other half in the 2nd loaf pan.
- 4) Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- 5) Let cool 5-10 minutes
- **This bread also tastes wonderful with a simple glaze on it, just a mixture of sugar, vanilla extract and orange juice.
- ***If sending overseas, wrap in tinfoil & put in a freezer bag. Freeze overnight and send off in the morning. It is best to bake the night before going to the post office.
NotesThis is my mom's recipe, she would make it every year around Easter and give out loaves of bread to her co-workers. I sent this to Chad the first time he deployed, and he raved. He loves lemon poppyseed anything, so this is a staple in his packages.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Cooking with SabraSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More