- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground cloves
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined (mixture will appear crumbly).
- Sprinkle dough with 1 tablespoon ice water; toss with a fork.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape dough into 2 (6-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap.
- Chill 1 hour or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unwrap dough logs.
- Carefully cut each log into 18 slices using a serrated knife.
- Place dough circles 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on pans 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
NotesCooking Light December 2007
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More