- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground cloves
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined (mixture will appear crumbly).
- Sprinkle dough with 1 tablespoon ice water; toss with a fork.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape dough into 2 (6-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap.
- Chill 1 hour or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unwrap dough logs.
- Carefully cut each log into 18 slices using a serrated knife.
- Place dough circles 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on pans 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
NotesCooking Light December 2007
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More