- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and spices; remove 1/2 cup of this mixture and place in a medium-sized, shallow dish or bowl (like a soup plate).
- Add butter to bowl and cream with sugar mixture until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in reserved sugar-spice mixture. Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between balls to allow for spreading.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until edges are firm to the touch, but not quite browned.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More