- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and spices; remove 1/2 cup of this mixture and place in a medium-sized, shallow dish or bowl (like a soup plate).
- Add butter to bowl and cream with sugar mixture until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in reserved sugar-spice mixture. Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between balls to allow for spreading.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until edges are firm to the touch, but not quite browned.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More