- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- SPICE MIX
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 vanilla bean, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon spice mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Darjeeling or other loose black tea
- Spice Mix: Combine spices with vanilla pieces. Store in an airtight container until you are ready to make the concentrate.
- Concentrate: Combine 1 tablespoon spice mix with brown sugar and 4 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes on low, stirring occasionally. If you would like a stronger flavor, simmer a little longer. (your kitchen will smell wonderful).
- Remove from heat and stir in tea. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain concentrate into a glass measuring cup, pressing solids to extract all of the flavor. Discard spices. Cool concentrate. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to a week.
- To serve, combine equal amounts concentrate and milk. Serve hot or iced.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More