- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- SPICE MIX
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 vanilla bean, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon spice mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Darjeeling or other loose black tea
- Spice Mix: Combine spices with vanilla pieces. Store in an airtight container until you are ready to make the concentrate.
- Concentrate: Combine 1 tablespoon spice mix with brown sugar and 4 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes on low, stirring occasionally. If you would like a stronger flavor, simmer a little longer. (your kitchen will smell wonderful).
- Remove from heat and stir in tea. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain concentrate into a glass measuring cup, pressing solids to extract all of the flavor. Discard spices. Cool concentrate. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to a week.
- To serve, combine equal amounts concentrate and milk. Serve hot or iced.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More