- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg- plus enough water to equal 1 cup and 1 TBS (at room temp)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 c bread flour (I have also used regular all purpose flour and it works fine)
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- After it completes your bread cycle on your machine remove dough and place on lightly floured board.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces.
- Roll out into 3 10"-13" ropes.
- Braid bread ropes and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for 45 min. or until double in size.
- Spread Glaze over bread and top with poppy seeds or minced garlic.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. or unti golden brown.
- Glaze: beaten egg yolk and 1 TBS Water.
- I have also added cimn. and sugar to the bread on top and it's great too!
NotesI put all the items in the bread machine and set it for the dough cycle it makes it so easy. This bread has a great texture. It's a recipe from my best friend yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More