- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBL. + 1 tsp. oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ½ tsp. yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order suggested for your machine.
- Start machine on white bread dough cycle.
- When completed, place dough onto a lightly floured board.
- Divide into 3 sections.
- Form each section into an 8-9 inch rope and braid.
- Tuck the ends under slightly and shape into a straight line.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to warm(200 degrees) and TURN OFF. Cover bread with a light towel and place in oven for 30-45 minutes to rise.
- Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix an egg yolk and 1 TBL. water in a small bowl.
- Glaze bread with mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool and enjoy!
- Makes 1 loaf
NotesI have been making this for years and giving it for gifts. It makes a great hostess gift.
These make wonderful gifts at holidays or for hostess gifts. Place in a clear plastic bread bag( I buy mine from bakery), tie with a colorful bow.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More