- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBL. + 1 tsp. oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ½ tsp. yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order suggested for your machine.
- Start machine on white bread dough cycle.
- When completed, place dough onto a lightly floured board.
- Divide into 3 sections.
- Form each section into an 8-9 inch rope and braid.
- Tuck the ends under slightly and shape into a straight line.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to warm(200 degrees) and TURN OFF. Cover bread with a light towel and place in oven for 30-45 minutes to rise.
- Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix an egg yolk and 1 TBL. water in a small bowl.
- Glaze bread with mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool and enjoy!
- Makes 1 loaf
NotesI have been making this for years and giving it for gifts. It makes a great hostess gift.
These make wonderful gifts at holidays or for hostess gifts. Place in a clear plastic bread bag( I buy mine from bakery), tie with a colorful bow.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More