- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup fine sugar (I used bakers sugar)
- 1/4 cup Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
- 6 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 tablespoons strong coffee
- 6 oz unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, raspberries and chocolate shavings to garnish
- In a large bowl (about 3 quart size), beat the eggs yolks and sugar together until the mixture is a pale yellow and a slow dissolving ribbon forms
- Add the Chambord and beat until combined.
- Place the bowl over a pan of water that is not quite simmering and continue to beat the mixture until it's foamy, which should take about 3 - 4 minutes. Now Julia says that the mixture should also be too hot for your finger. After 4 minutes it was foamy but not too hot for my finger. And I really didn't want to keep sticking my finger in it. And I really didn't want to burn my finger. So...once it was foamy, I was happy.
- Then, place the bowl inside a larger bowl of ice cold water and continue beating for another 3 - 4 minutes until the mixture is cool and once again forms the slowly dissolving ribbon.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the chocolate and coffee over hot water, stirring constantly so you don't scorch the chocolate. Remove from heat and beat in the butter a bit at a time so you make a smooth creamy chocolate delight.
- Beat the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture. Set aside.
- In yet another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the granulated sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Place the mousse into your desired dessert cups and chill for at least 2 hrs or over night.
- When your mousse has set, garnish as desired and enjoy
NotesThe inspiration for this recipe was born from my love of chocolate and raspberries. It's basically Julia Child's Chocolate Mousse recipe with Chambord added in.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More