- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Honey Frosting:
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup of butter, softened but still cool
- 2 eggs
- What You'll Do...
- 1) Beat eggs until smooth and fluffy.
- 2) Bring honey to a boil in a small sauce pan. Then gradually add to the egg mixture while constantly whisking quickly. Whip at high speed on your mixer for about 5-7 minutes, it will be thick and cool.
- 3) Cream butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in honey mixture until throughly mixed.
- NOTE: The frosting may look slightly curdled, just means you weren't whisking well or the honey wasn't hot enough. I added some extra room temperature honey at the end for more oomph and it upset the visual appearence and made it look a bit funky. It tasted fine, just looked a bit off. Make sure to stick to the instructions for this one.
- Originally written for my blog Vanilla Garlic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
The NourishFull Kitchen
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More