- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 240
- 1 12-15lb whole Turkey
- 1 - 2 sticks of butter
- 2 apples cored and halved
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 (750 millimeter) Champagne (any kind)
- 1 Turkey roasting bag
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Pull out insert pieces. Loosen skin on turkey so you can butter the inside and outside of skin on turkey. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper and put apples inside turkey. Place turkey in roasting bag sitting inside a pan, and pour champagne inside and outside turkey. Close bag.
- 3. Bake turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours or use the pop out turkey done indicator from the store. Remove turkey from bag and let stand for about 20 minutes before carving.
NotesI found this recipe online 10 years ago when I got to host the big family Thanksgiving. Everyone boasted about how moist the turkey was!
Submitted by: "Michele McKee"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More