- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons matza meal
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups whole milk (about)
- 8 Tablespoons melted butter
- butter for frying
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh, frozen or canned)
- maple sugar
- Sift the first 3 dry ingredients; then add the sugar and matza meal.
- Add the milk to the eggs and stir into flour mixture.
- Stir in the melted butter. Beat until smooth.
- Use a large frying pan; melt butter in frying pan.
- Bake latkes the size of the pan, brown nicely on both sides.
- Repeat the process until all batter is used.
- To serve, heat the fruit gently, sweetening to taste.
- Spread the latkes with butter, put together in threes with blueberries between the layers and sprinkle maple sugar over the top.
NotesTo all our Jewish friends we wish you all a Happy Chanukah!
"If latkes you would make,
Salt and eggs and flour take,
Eat with jest and song and rhyme
At the festive Chanukah time."
This delightful rhyme and recipe we found in our Jewish Festival Cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More