- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom was one to make cakes from scratch, but this is a recipe that she also enjoyed. Hope you like it too.
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines French Vanilla
- Cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) Vanilla inst.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup crisco oil
- 2 cups grated fresh carots
- 1 can (15oz) crushed pineapple,
- 1 pkg. (6 serving size) Vanilla inst.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Pineapple tidbits, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- For the Cake: combine all cake ingredients (except the carrots) together in a large bowl. Beat at low until moistened. Beat at mediumn for 2 minutes. Fold carrots into batter. Divide batter evenly between the 3 pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely.
- For the Frosting: Combine crushed pineapple, pudding and pecans in large bowl. Fold in Cool Whip. Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with one fourth of the frosting (about 1 1/2 cups) Repeat layering two more timnes. Frost sides with remaining frosting. Garnish with pineapple tidbits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.