- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines French Vanilla
- Cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) Vanilla inst.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup crisco oil
- 2 cups grated fresh carots
- 1 can (15oz) crushed pineapple,
- 1 pkg. (6 serving size) Vanilla inst.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Pineapple tidbits, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- For the Cake: combine all cake ingredients (except the carrots) together in a large bowl. Beat at low until moistened. Beat at mediumn for 2 minutes. Fold carrots into batter. Divide batter evenly between the 3 pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely.
- For the Frosting: Combine crushed pineapple, pudding and pecans in large bowl. Fold in Cool Whip. Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with one fourth of the frosting (about 1 1/2 cups) Repeat layering two more timnes. Frost sides with remaining frosting. Garnish with pineapple tidbits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
NotesMy mom was one to make cakes from scratch, but this is a recipe that she also enjoyed. Hope you like it too.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More