- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2lb pork loins (or a 2lb pork roast - I use the loins, Char used a roast)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt - it's more flavorful)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Large ziplock bag
- Blend the spices in a small bowl.
- Cut 5 deep slits across the meat.
- Stuff some of the spice blend into each slit.
- Rub the rest of the spice blend into the meat.
- Put the meat into the ziplock and refrigerate overnight.
- In a greased pan, bake uncovered at 325 degrees until thermometer reads 160-170 degrees.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and whatever else sounds good. It goes very well with a chilled Chardonnay.
NotesMy mother-in-law used to make this roast every New Year's Day and it was delicious. Unfortunately, she recently passed away...but I guess that makes these kind of recipes even more special to us.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More