- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2lb pork loins (or a 2lb pork roast - I use the loins, Char used a roast)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt - it's more flavorful)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Large ziplock bag
- Blend the spices in a small bowl.
- Cut 5 deep slits across the meat.
- Stuff some of the spice blend into each slit.
- Rub the rest of the spice blend into the meat.
- Put the meat into the ziplock and refrigerate overnight.
- In a greased pan, bake uncovered at 325 degrees until thermometer reads 160-170 degrees.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and whatever else sounds good. It goes very well with a chilled Chardonnay.
NotesMy mother-in-law used to make this roast every New Year's Day and it was delicious. Unfortunately, she recently passed away...but I guess that makes these kind of recipes even more special to us.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Italy or BustSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More